Existing Member?

Asia Tour 2009 We are no where near Kansas!

5/29 - 5/30 Off Into the Wild Blue Yonder

USA | Thursday, 4 June 2009 | Views [291]

FREE stuff for 20 hours

We were on a plane for over 20 hours. I don’t recommend that for the faint of heart. Singapore Airlines is certainly one of the best for a long flight. They keep you fed, watered and entertained. There are a least 150 channels of movies and TV shows to choose from that help pass the time. Oh, and all the beverages are FREE, including the adult variety. Cold feet – no worries you get socks. Nasty breath at hour 10 – here’s a toothbrush and toothpaste. Still, I could not wait to get out of that seat for good.

 

We arrived in at the Changi airport just after midnight Singapore time. It took less than 30 minutes to go through customs and immigration to pick up our bags; amazing. They are geared up to bring in 1 million visitors a month. The picture of the three story water fall and hanging gardens is just above our baggage carousel. We want to arrive early for our departure so we can take in the splendor of the transit lounge.

 

Carol, a close friend for about 30 years, picked us up and we darted out of the place. Her condo is magnificent. There are four pools, a putting green, full gym and basketball court on the grounds. Her cute place provides a tropical look out from the balcony and plenty of air conditioning. Since it is 86 degrees almost year round with at least he same level of humidity, it is a necessary comfort.

 

About dawn_n_pat


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.