Existing Member?

Documentary Scholarship Trip

Delhi again

INDIA | Friday, 24 October 2008 | Views [564] | Comments [2]

We arrive at Delhi train station. Porters with necks of steel carry some of our bags as we weave our way through the crowds to the street. Onto the bus we drive, and drive, and drive, 40kms out of Delhi to our hotel. Called the Clarke Green it is extremely difficult to find but nice when we get there. We head to the restaurant for breakfast, which is like a skit from Candid Camera India. In short it involved a stern but smiley waiter who was insistent that poached eggs were the same as fried so eggs would be fried, an incident with a coffee cup where said waiter felt betrayed and a 40 minute wait for mango juice which was tantalisingly within reach. This paragraph does not dot he whole ordeal justice, you had to be there and if you ever are and can find the Hotel Clarke Green it’s worthwhile putting aside half a day for the breakfast experience, just make sure you eat before you go. After breakfast we headed into Delhi for one last look around before jetting out tomorrow. At 6pm a few of us regrouped at the Imperial hotel, the swishest hotel in all Delhi. After a few beers at the bar we decided to head out for dinner and called for the bill. It came. Jaws and credit cards dropped. AUD$20 a beer – surely a record! A strange day indeed but a fitting one on which to finish a fabulous trip to India.

Comments

1

Ahhhh the Clark Green...what about the 10 minutes to peel the cling wrap off the corn flakes bowl and your hand was smacked away for helping? That was special too.

  roam-if-you-want-to Nov 5, 2008 9:13 AM

2

The beer accountant here! My good maths ability actually calculated your beers at US$10 per bottle... so not quite as awful as it first seemed!

Enjoyed reading your posts. Cheers!!!! ccf

  Ceci Nov 11, 2008 6:27 AM

About davidw


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.