Existing Member?

Flying South

Happy Birthday to… Amy!

SOUTH AFRICA | Sunday, 12 January 2014 | Views [156]

So Sunday was a little bit hectic in the morning as we prepped everything for Amy’s birthday lunch. There were lots of tables and chairs to be moved around, chips, dips and condiments to be placed out and the main food to be prepared. Due to an unforeseen set of circumstances, which I stress did not involve me cocking anything up, I found myself cooking a second vegetarian chilli in the hour or so before people started to arrive.

Once all the guests were in place Deb made a wee speech to wish Amy happy birthday and to ‘welcome’ me to South Africa! ;-) We were both toasted in Margaritas or non-alcoholic cocktails. (Amy did a mean watermelon non-a which was amazing!) After which everyone got to try the cold chilli, tomato and cucumber soup which some found a little hot but I thought was fab – well done to Amy for that one. The main courses all seemed to go down well and the vegetarian one was a definite hit with those it was made for.

There were plenty of cocktails during the day and Deb even managed to convert one of Amy’s non-alcoholic cocktails into a very nice tequila sunrise! J All in all a smashing afternoon in good company with lots of good food and booze – what’s not to like?!

Oh, and I think Amy had a fab day too! ;-) 

 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.