Existing Member?

Flying South

The calm before…

SOUTH AFRICA | Friday, 10 January 2014 | Views [131] | Comments [1]

The few days after getting back from Kwafubesi proved to be relatively quiet. I had a couple of days lounging around the house and sorting out washing etc and spent Thursday and Friday mainly shopping and cooking, although I did manage to visit a barbour for a bit of a trim and tidy as I was starting to look a bit wild!

The cooking was twofold, on Friday evening I cooked tea for Amy, Travis and Deb. Fillet steak in a shallotte and port sauce with parmesan mash. I bought enough fillet for a good couple of meals, as it’s amazingly cheap here with the exchange rate. I think I got a 1.5kg  fillet for the equivalent of £15! The main part of the cooking however was chilli. Sunday is Amy’s birthday and we’re all working together to do a Mexican lunch for the friends she’s having round, so chilli for 20 it was!

Before all that tomorrow I’m off to do a tandem skydive and then next week I’ll be flying down to Cape Town to go diving with the great whites. After that is done we’re on a 2 week trip down the grden route and Cape Town again doing the full touristy bit so things are going to be all go from now till pretty much when it’s time to fly home. I can’t believe there are only 4 weeks left of this incredible adventure but you can rest assured I’ll be making the most of every moment!

Comments

1

Nom nom nom, you will have to do your fillet steak a la Tipping again when you visit us next - it is totally ACE - my mouth is watering at the very prospect!!!XXXXXXX

  Denise Page Jan 15, 2014 12:40 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.