Existing Member?

Flying South

Safer Methods of Transversing Crocodile infested Rivers (25/11)

ZIMBABWE | Monday, 25 November 2013 | Views [163]

After a long and somewhat bumpy flatbed journey back to Victoria Falls town, there was just time for a small spot of curio shopping before the pickup for our sunset cruise on the Zambezi. Should you ever find yourself in Victoria Falls, this is an activity which I heartily recommend you do not miss. We had booked through Wild Horizons as we did for all our activities in Victoria Falls (that naturally bars the excursion to Devils Pool in Livingston). The standard of their cruise was every bit as high as their other activities.

The cruise lasted about two and a half hours and took us up and down river about 3 or 4 km above the Falls. The captain seemed very knowledgeable, and did his utmost to ensure we experienced as much of the river's flora and fauna as we could. We saw a great deal of wild life including; African Jacana, Hooded Vultures, Open Billed Stork, Crocodiles (of various sizes), Bushbuck, Cattle Egrets, Reed Cormorants, Water Dikkop and Hippos (lots and lots of hippos).

 

 

Travel Answers about Zimbabwe

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.