Existing Member?

Free life under-attacked

Night in Damascus

SYRIA | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [326] | Scholarship Entry

I'll never forget the day that I'm back Damascus from Amman, after 4 days of work over there.
Although the healthy problems that I've got from the pressure in the plane, I couldn't back home without hanging out in its streets, turning around its squares.
The fresh air in Damascus mixes with pigeons flying in the sky.
About 4 pm, I've been in Youssef Alazme square looking through Alsalhia street to Qassioun mountain, the same mountain that the Syrian regime throwing shells on civilians but, I saw only the mountain cuddling all over the wounded city.
I turned my back to the mountain because I trust in it, and I walked to the Shaalan souk, I wanted to eat in Buz Jedi restaurant which is well-known.
Standing in Arnous square, looking at people who they are hanging out at, I've been thinking of the kindness which they never lost.
At this square has been most of the protesting against Syrian regime shouting "Peaceful, Freedom, Degnity", moments that I couldn't forget.
Once again in front of Qassioun mountain, all roads are leading to Qassioun.
I've gone to Sarouja, an old neighborhood, where there are all the popular habits such as Shisha, Tanour and so on so forth.
Most of the people visit Sarouja to see the old houses and living the tradition.
From Sarouja to Bab-Touma, an old neighborhood too, through Damascus citadel where also the Syrian regime throwing the shells on civilians although, it was the stage of Jazz festival.
Bab-touma where the churches are next to the mosques and the galleries.
I've got home to relax in Jaramana and I've been thinking of the Free Life at the war's time.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About davidmaram


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Syria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.