Existing Member?

...My Own Final Fantasy

Mui Ne

VIETNAM | Sunday, 9 August 2009 | Views [592]

mui ne was this place we had to choose over dalat when we were buying our cross country bus ticket. it was the sand dunes that drew us to it. we were only there for 2 days i think.... anyways, the first day we got there was essentially relax day, mostly because our guest house had an awesome pool. the pool was  pretty much right in front of the ocean but the ocean was crashing against the wall that our guest house was elevated on. a little too dangerous... we met an awesome family of four from new zealand at this guest house who we spent quite a bit of time with actually. the dad was from NZ but the mother was from vancouver. their two sons won a music compitetion that scored them a free trip to singapore and they figured they might aswell do a few more countries up in SE asia. oddly enough, these two kids taught me how to swim... 

the day after we arrived we booked a tour to the fairy stream and the sand dunes. chances are if you're reading this you have me on facebook and should check out the pictures. http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=885085082#/album.php?aid=278680&id=885085082

those will describe them better than i can, probably. it took all day pretty much, and there were different kinds of dunes. the white dunes were way further from our guest house and we 'rented' these crazy carpets off kids and surfed them down the highest dunes we could find. the red dunes were much closer. i often imagined myself stranded in a vast desert because if you stare in one direction, it's all you can see.... makes me wonder how far it goes. if you turn most other directions you can seee the end, or the beginning. we all went back to the guest house later on and went for a late night swim with the NZ family and then went to nearby bar for beers and pool.


the next day i woke up and realized that some fuck took money from my room while we were at the dunes the day before. i think it was the equivalent to $40. i brought it to their attention, not expecting it back but letting them know i was pissed. vietnam is full of thieves, i haven't been robbed anywhere else as much as here. the only other place to rob me was cambodia.. for my flip flops. =(

anyways. we said goodbye to our friends and headed to saigon for madness...

About david_s


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.