Existing Member?

Blind by sight, not by heart

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Tuesday, 24 April 2012 | Views [749] | Scholarship Entry

The sun was shining on the widowed sky.We walked all day,visiting and meeting impressive people,but when we stopped for our last visit,the view made us forget all the.
From the burning land an ancient city was rising in front of our eyes.It was imposing,beautiful and memorable.I was left without words,watching how the sun revealed amazing city,Ephesus.Rox,my friend,asked what had happened,because I was talking to her and all of a sudden I stopped.
I told her that this is the moment we’ll go back in time in XI B.C century and we will read and feel the history through our hands.She smiled”I can feel the smell of history;I can sense the beauty hearing your voice; take me through its story.”
“A walk in the city of Ephesus framed by columns of temples and former building of houses and shops is a trip through time.We are walking on a path paved with stones and between columns of temples such as Hadrian Temple,the Gate of Hercules,the Fountain of Trajan.The stones remained shows you an image of what they were in the ancient time.”I took her hand and put it on the stones and just walked by so she could feel and imagine.She told me she thought the stones should’ve been cold,but they were warmed by the sun and that made them even more interesting,making her imagines more colorful.Our road got in a small market where the majestic façade of Library of Ephesus was rising.Built of marble blocks and columns of exquisitely carved and decorated the ruins of The Library made you glimpse a little beauty and grandeur of another time of the ancient city.Going on the Marble road we saw the Great Theatre and the artery connecting the city,the sea port,the source of his wealth and power.
I tried my best to describe Rox what I saw but I felt the words aren’t enough to express the city’s beauty so I took her by hand,watched all around as the sunset light made the marble bursting into fire,and closed my eyes keeping the last view in my memory and started seeing it with my hands.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About daretocrosstheline


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.