Existing Member?

My whimsical wanderings where are we going? I don't know, I thought you knew. No, I don't know. Maybe he knows. No. He definitely doesn't know. Maybe no-one knows. Oh well. I hope it's nice when we get there.

a pop into KL

MALAYSIA | Saturday, 27 October 2007 | Views [546]

In taxi from airport passed the Sepang F1 circuit - very cool! didn't see it but i liked the sign...geek!

The night view of Kuala Lumpur was great, and the greenery was lovely too, jungly palm trees all the way in. And the roads! Fabulous!! Driving on the left, nearly all cars, only a few motorbikes, all very civilised. It'd still be classed as a bit hairy back home but i felt very safe with the driving style. The twin towers look lovely all lit up.

I didn't do all that much in KL, had recovery time from the on the go-ness of Vietnam, watched some of my new dvds, relaxing, v.nice. Apart from that i spent most of the time trying to find tickets out of the country! I did feel a little uncomfy in my normal attire (outta respect for it being a muslim country) and covered up as best i could but still didn't think it was quite enough - as a result i was increasingly happy with the new and improptu Thailand plan, the only problem being putting it into action. But eventually (after trekking round trying to find non-existant companies and a VERY unhelpful STA Travel) found a nice travel agent who booked my main tickets and confirmed for me that i wasn't being stupid or going mad and that it was in fact impossible to book air tickets to Koh Samui for some reason. That helped. Apart from the faffing, i had a delicious Indian meal - curry was definitely called for! - wandered round a bit, got a bit lost in a couple of shopping centres, went to the one at the twin towers, which was more manageable for some reason even though huge and thought i'd transported home when i came accross Marks and Spencer, La Senza, Zara, Mango etc. Dunno why it surprised me, Hong Kong has those too, perhaps it was just La Senza that pleased me, oh and i had a Pizza Hut cos i got confused and hadn't had breakfast.

So, not very exciting all in all. Probably should've done more but...oh well, Thailand is shiny and new.

Tags: Relaxation

 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.