Existing Member?

A well deserved break! "La vida es como la espuma hay que hecharse al mar", because "we are here for a short time but for a good time"!!!!

From Bangkok to Chiang Mai; planning the Grand Escape

THAILAND | Thursday, 10 January 2008 | Views [684] | Comments [2]

Ok so last time I left you, I was writing from busy and bustling Bangkok. You will be pleased to see that not too much time has passed since ... See not only am I thinking of you but I am keeping up with my blog duty!  

For me Bangkok is a lighter version of what I imagine India to be : a place where all your senses are called to function simultaneously. It is Thailand all in one! The noise, the colors, the smells make this city fascinating but also slightly overwhealming. Most guides recommend to leave the capital city for the end of the trip in order to really be able to appreciate it. I agree! So although I enjoyed my stay in Bangkok, I happily boarded on the overnight train to Chiang Mai.

I must say that the minute I got to Chiang Mai station I new that i had made the right decision in traveling up North. Chiang Mai is a major city but feels like a village, it is scattered with temples where you can sit for hours and adapt to the slower pace at which the Thais live (It is very contagious believe me!). The food is delicious in a superkalifragelisticexpealidotious way and the people are lovely with a capital L.

Needless to say that in the end I changed my route and decided to make the most of the city instead of heading of to Pai before my grand escape to Laos.

Wright now I am in a town called Chiand Kong just on the border with Laos, overlooking the Mekong river. It looks like the pace is getting slower as I go along... so as the Thais would say : "sabai sabai" Or in other words it is just fine. I shall write more about my very eventfull and enjoyable stay in Chiang Mai (with photos!!!) once I get to Laos.

My time is limited so I can't write more but promise you a feast of words next. hey! hey!

Tags: On the Road

Comments

1

hey solo de leer tus comentarios me dan mas ganas de ir de viaje!!!
espero la estes pasando muy bien !!!

un gran abrazo desde barcelona

  Cheeks Jan 10, 2008 10:22 PM

2

Besos de parte de Dori y Sandra ¡¡¡

Estas muy guapa en las fotos. Que envidia sana estás dando.Un abrazo.

  SANDRA Jan 22, 2008 1:20 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.