Existing Member?

Daniella's Travels Hey guys, this is my travel journal, on all the places I have been to and the amazing things I have seen and experienced, enjoy!

The sun, the strip, the gamblers and me!

USA | Wednesday, 14 May 2014 | Views [258] | Scholarship Entry

I will never forget, the first time I stepped onto the infamous American strip. The colourful bursts of light, the mixture of sounds and the enticing adventures seeping from each hotel and bar. Yes I was in LAS VEGAS! It had been a life long dream, to visit, and at the age of 16 I was finally there, I could hardly take it in. The Treasure Island hotel was to be my home for the next two weeks, the outside decorated in a magical pirate theme, adorned with ship and roped bridges. Inside was laden with plush marble flooring, everything so clean and expensive. The casino, I can hardly put into words the atmosphere, each flashing machine, with its own beeping tune, signalling for you to cheekily slip a dollar in. The regulars, high stakers playing on the smooth velvet tables, the couples wearing matching floral shirts, from Canada, and the oversea's tourists, like myself, laden with an open mouth in amazement, desperate to win big. Each day opened a new opportunity to, explore the vast wonders Las Vegas has to offer, the shows, the blue man group being a particular highlight, a funny yet inventive comedic show. The shopping, oh the shopping, to a sixteen year old girl, I had died and gone to heaven... the malls, seemed to go on for miles, each shop enticing me in with a unique American twist on a product, (Abercrombie and Fitch, was definitely kept in business by me, during my time there). Each hotel is themed, and naturally, we explored them all. The Parisian, adorned with a real life Eiffel tower, its french ambiance and food a brilliant replica, the Bellagio, with its worldwide famous fountain show, and the Luxor, shaped into a pyramid, immediately transporting you to an ancient world. The sun was hot, hotter than I had ever experienced, not forgetting it is in the middle of a dessert, so hot you could fry eggs on the sidewalk. Yes, from the discovery of all these things, I knew I was on the holiday of a lifetime, and I couldn't wait to continue my journey through one of the most famous sights of the world.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About daniellastravels

The treasure Island hotel

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.