Existing Member?

Riders After the Storm

Memories

ARUBA | Thursday, 27 June 2013 | Views [486]

The Perfect Wave

The Perfect Wave

After tagging along on a charter boat in the beautiful island of Curacao, we arrive hours later at the nearby island of Aruba. The weather is perfect, close to 25 dergrees celsius, and the wind is strong which is perfect for our expert expert Kitesurfer Justus van der Lubbe. I engage in a brief conversation with him, not to take too much of his time. He tells me about his second home, the North Side Beach. It was his place for peace of mind, tranquility, and at the same time an adrenaline rush. He would hurry home after school, a sandwich stuffed in his face, his hands full of surf gear, his mom lecturing him reasons not to go, but his mind is blocked by the sounds of crashing waves in his head. Justus, with a smile, says"After a couple good runs, my mates and I would just chill out to watch the sunset at our small hut made of driftwood. More than 20 years later, I've grown attached to this place. I am drawn to the raw energy that surrounds this beach. In my mind, I whisper, I am home"

Tags: aruba, beach, blue, board, chill, kite, ocean, surf, surfer, water

 

About danieljoseph


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Aruba

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.