Existing Member?

This is NOT about me.

Undiscovered Beauty

COSTA RICA | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [684] | Scholarship Entry

This is not about me. Our generation, the young filmakers I see on my instagram feed at 2am while dreaming of having their chances to travel and shoot and explore...they also forgot that. Its about the story. And YES that sound cliche, but I really believe it. Its not about the filmaker (unles you are Herzog or Salgado or Pina). Its about eveything else.

Your entry pushed me beyond my boundaires to try something different. Something I had never done, with a borrower slider I didnt even know how to use. And a commnity which had been haunting my dreams since I first visisted it. A place setlled under a bridge in the wealthiest part of San Jose, Costa Rica;s capital city. Below that bridge is beauty. And this is my story. This is what makes me wonder...can I ever get on a plane and actually shot more beauty, more beutiful poverty? It took me 12 days to write this and revise the english with friends who speak it. Becuase I really really want to get the message across to whomever is in the jury. I promise I will speak a really bad english if you choose me, because speaking it is way harder. But this is what drives me...to seek a very uncertain and financially unstable future in film. Its not about the trips, the instagrams and the maps where you cross of all the cool places you've been with your camera. Its about geniune, real curiosity to see and show. I stumpled upon the entry and the company and thought "maybe this is my chance!" And that is the magic of our digital worlds!

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About danielita


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.