Existing Member?

Mr Lams adventures 12 days in the south coast of Italy. a weddingtrip, mmmmm, it had everything!

Bicycle threw the Alps

SWITZERLAND | Wednesday, 14 June 2006 | Views [838]

Bicycle through the alps /summer 2006 I took the flight from Arlanda to Geneve in june 2006. My plan was to bicycle from Geneve to Wienna in three weeks. I started to bicycle small roads by La Clusaz, Megeve, St.Gervais, Chamonix and the pass de la Forclaz 1526 meter down to Martigny. The road was plain, and beutiful landscape all the way from Martigny, Sion, Sierre, Brig and all the way up to Furkapass 2429 meter. The small village Niederwald, Ritzingen and other villages by the road up to the pass was very beutiful. The trip from Furkapass to Andermatt is also nice. This part of Schweiz is one of the best part. The way up to Oberaldpass 2044 meter is nice, especially the village Sedrun and Surrein. I bicycled the road to Buchs throw Liechtenstein to Feldkrich. Austria became next conuntry to bicycle. The road to St Anton, Landbeck, Telf and Innsbruck was not so nice. After Innsbruck, Wattens, Wörgl, Kitzbuhel and Zell am See it was better. I took the way up to Edelweiss 2572 meter. Here you can se the Grosglockner, Austrias highest mountain 3798 meter. The end of the journey I travelled through south of Austria, Lienz, Spitall, Villach, Klagenfurt, Lavamund, Wies, Gad Games and Graz, Hartberg, Aspang and Wienna. Totally I bicycled 1200 kilometer in 19 days. To bicycle in to Wienna was a wonderful experience. To do a journey like this is one of my biggest passions.

Tags: Mountains

 

About daniel_lams


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Switzerland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.