Existing Member?

How to spend your redundancy settlement

Perth

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 25 January 2011 | Views [316]

7th January – Woke up and checked out before the ashes started so that I could bag my self prime position in the TV room. England ended up Drawing it out a little longer than they should have but managed to dismiss Australia to WIN THE ASHES IN AUSTRALIA!!!! After watching the celebrations I went to the airport to fly to Perth. The flight took 5 hours and Phil, My old flat mate in Bristol, was there to meet me. I am staying at Phil’s, with his fiancé Jemima, so we went to his place and had a catch up over a BBQ and some chilling in the hot-tub.

 

8th January – Got up and went to a place nearby called the Maze. Its quite obvious what they do here and after doing all the maze’s we went and had a look at the Koalas, Kangaroos and Emu’s that they also had. Once animal time was over we played crazy golf and Disc golf which is frizbee around a course and is really good fun. In the afternoon we went to the Hillary’s area of Perth and went to the AQWA Aquarium. Before going home we went for a drink in a rather extravagant bar on the water and got a very nice ice cream. In the evening we had another BBQ, like you would do anything else in OZ, and jumped into the hot tub again.

 

9th January – Today we decided to go for a walk around a local National Park. We saw some Koala’s in a really big enclosure and some roo’s in the wild. After we did the Sunday thing of just relaxing and taking everything slow.

 

10th January – I decided that as the others were at work that I would go into the centre of Perth.  Once I arrived I went for a walk along the waterfront past the Bell Tower. This is quite cool and noting like what I expected. Following that I went for a walk towards the centre again and ended up getting a bus to the WACA. Unfortunately the ground had finished its tours for the day but I was informed that there is a game on Thursday so I may go. In the afternoon I went to Kings Park and wrote some post cards home thanking people for my Christmas presents. After I got home we cooked some pasta for dinner and watched TV for the evening.

 

11th January – In the morning I had to sort out the next legs of my trip so I ended up booking 3 flights to and around Asia. In the afternoon I went to the city and went to the Museum of WA and had a look at their aboriginal and colonisation displays. I had wanted to go to the art museum as well but it was closed to epic fail on that point. In the evening we did another BBQ. On my way home I had got some “Gurt Big” (for the Bristolians) prawns and they tasted amazing. After dinner we popped some Beers and Mojito’s open and jumped in the tub again to celebrate J getting a new job.

 

12th January – Got up quite early, for a backpacker, and headed to Fremantle. Once I arrived I went for a nice walk around the town and went to sit in a park and read a book. Fremantle is really nice and if you’re in the area you should definitely go. You should also go the Little Creatures Brewery. It’s a really nice brewery/bar on the water front and all the working brewing equipment is open for you to see and you sit all around it. After sampling a pint, obviously only because I had to… I’m sure you have noticed from this blog that I don’t like a drink… T-total me, I went to a fish and chip shop that Phil had recommended.  The fish and chips were very good and once I had consumed them I went and walked them off as I had a look around the town. Ok so I don’t think I walked them all off but maybe a few. After a while I got the train back to Phil’s place, I cant actually remember what we did in the evening but I’m sure if I did it would be very interesting and involve a BBQ and the hot tub.

 

13th January – After a quiet morning I went into the city and went to the Art museum that was previously closed. They had a Peggy Guggenheim exhibition on and it was very good including a Jackson Pollock and a very very nice Kandinsky. After looking around the museums standard exhibitions I made my way to the WACA and watched the WA V SA game. WA were shocking and lost by a long way it was humiliating for them.

 

14th January – Didn’t really do anything as I appear to have run out of tourist attractions to visit. In the evening I had tuna and Pea Pasta and watched England lose n the 20/20 v Australia.

 

15th January – As it’s a Saturday Phil an I went out for a drive. We visited Lanclin first and wanted to watch the kite surfers but they were too far out to be seen so moved on to the Pinicles. The Pinicles are actually quite cool. They are just lots of rocks sticking out of the sand but they make really good photographs. In the evening Phil and J had invited Aussie and Lindy around for a BBQ. After a few games of lawn bowls, yeah were cool, we kicked the BBQ into gear. Once everything had been consumed we got into the hot tub and proceeded to get rather drunk.

 

16th January – Today was a relative write off as we all felt like poo after having too much fun the previous night. I have worked out that hangovers are relative to the amount of fun you have, not how much alcohol you consume, if you don’t have a hangover you obviously didn’t have a very good time.

 

17th January – Again as I appear to have exhausted things to do in Perth I didn’t do much apart from organise all my documents for the next few countries.

 

18th January – Did all my packing I the morning as I fly tomorrow morning. After all was packed I went to the shopping mall to grab a few things such as an Aussie rules Jersey and Ball. I had offered to take Phil and J out for dinner but they told me to save my money and we had BBQ’d fish instead and just relaxed

About dan_powell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.