Existing Member?

Our Trip

Vancouver wrapup

CANADA | Thursday, 20 December 2007 | Views [394]

Well we got into vancouver all ok.  Going thru customs was very easy.  No one wanted to see any documentation at all, just gave us our visa and that was that.  After a bit of a bus ride we got off the bus only to discover that it was a long walk to where we were staying.  After a long flight and stupid long annoying stopover at hawaii, going a long way with what seemed like heavier bags than we started with was not very plesent.

Once we got to where we were staing, the first thing that we both wanted was a nice hot shower.  Fate was against us (again) cause neither of us could work out how to redirect the water from the bath faucet to the shower head. So ended up doing some acrobatic monouvers to have the shower fromm the bath outlet.  Later learned that have to pull down on the rim around the area where the water comes out to make it go up to the shower head. Stupid bath/shower.


After the episode with the bath we decided to go for a walk to the city. Walked around city, then came back to Broadway (which was where we were staying) via the Granville Bridge.

The Next day we took the skytrain down to Stanley Park.  The skytrain is an automated monorail, and there is one at least every 5min. They move at quite a speed and on some of the cornors it banks over quite a bit.
Once at Stanely Park, we walked thru spotting a few squirels, on our way to the Aquarium.  Saw heaps of cool animals there.  It was raining all day, but mostly just drizzley stuff, so it didn't hamper our efforts too much.  After the aquarium we walked along the sea wall to see the totem poles.  We could have walked a short distance form the aquarium to the poles, but a big stom had brought down a lot of trees, so all the inner pathways were closed due to the park rangers cleaning it up.

The next day we decided to go across to North Vancouver to go to the Capilano suspension bride.  In order to get to the north side, you have to get on the seabus, which a valid train/bus ticket lets you go for a nice smooth cruise across the bay.  A short bus ride up to capilano got us to the bridge, and we were one of the first ones there.  The sceanery was extremly nice, and as we were crossing the bridge we saw a couple of bald eagles that were fishing in the river below.  Stef was very brave in crossing the cable bridge, even looking over the side.  On the other side of the bridge there a a few walking trails thru the forest of tress that are several centuries old, making them enormous.  One of the walkways took you up into the trees themselves on a suspended path.  Everything was so vibrant and green.


- bald eagles
- darkness at 3pm
- rain & cold
- mouse & bean
- chinatown sucks
- quatchis sold out, had to go back for him
- london drugs.  30c audio levy?
- paying for incoming calls???
- long distance calls within canada on mobiles?
- fatburger - delicious!
- freezing outside, boiling inside everywhere
- disappearing rob
- bums
- cool houses
- free "payphone"
- everything costs something stupid like $3.67

Tags: Sightseeing

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.