Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Mexico City

MEXICO | Friday, 9 October 2009 | Views [358]

We are here Mexico City!!!! Well, what can we say about Mexico city... For one, I was shocked to find that Starbucks have taken over this place... There is a Starbucks on every street, and just 100m from our hotel there are two opposite one another with just a round-a-bout separating them,...It is ridiculous! But handy for the coffee crazed travelers like Dan and myself LOL! We were pretty excited to have a true Mexican experience and ordered Burritos at the first opportunity we had... Unfortunately, these are nothing like home and a little disappointing but still pretty tasty... What is incredible is the cost of beer here... Dan and I were shocked to find that we could buy a six pack of Coronas for a whopping 63 Pesos... This is approximately $5.50 Aus or less than $1 for a Corona!!!! And Sol beer, is only 48 Pesos which is about $4!!!! So it is going to be really hard for the two of us to pay $6.50 for these beers when we get home! After lunch we decided to check out the city and jumped onto a local top deck tour bus..

This bus drove through all of the interesting city streets, past amazing historic buildings and various landmarks..

At one stop we were lucky enough to witness a street brake dance demo with 6 Mexican brake dances showing their brilliance..

We were surprised to find out that a couple of these guys were actually Olympic gymnasts! Such an incredible city and a huge contrast to NYC!



Mexico city

Mexico city

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.