Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Halong Bay

VIETNAM | Thursday, 16 July 2009 | Views [357]

We then anchored in the bay and swam in the crystal clear waters.. There were quite a few jelly fish in the water so it was a little thrilling and scary... Dan and the boys did the boy thing of jumping off the top into the water.. it was so much fun..

We sat on the top of the deck and watched a stunning sunset before heading downstairs for dinner and drinks,,

After some terrible bottles of Vietnamese white wine we played karaoke, various world wide drinking games and had many many laughs.... in the morning the crew must have known that we all had a big one as we had bacon and eggs followed by a lunch where everything was deep fried.. A very healthy day indeed..


So we are heading back to beautiful Hanoi for our last night of the tour, our farewell dinner and water puppet show..

Now for anyone who hasn't seen a Vietnamese water puppet show, don't stress, you aren't missing too much, it is more the curious factor rather than entertainment.. It is a bizarre thing to watch however funny at times.. The hall was packed with tourists but let me tell you, Dan and I were over it after about 15mins so the 50min show seemed to drag a little.. but the puppeteers and musicians were great..


Sunset in Halong Bay - Dan

Sunset in Halong Bay - Dan

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.