Existing Member?

And they're off..... Who's up for a little trip....

Mekong Delta

VIETNAM | Sunday, 5 July 2009 | Views [417]

Today we cruised through the Mekong Delta.. Imbi, dan and I were paddled around on a little boat by a petite 65year old woman, and she didn't even break a sweat! It is amazing to see how hard these people work and for very little in return..


Our home stay... We spent out night in the Mekong Delta at a home stay – it is as the name suggests. A family put us up for the night at their house it was lovely. We spent the night playing pool or as the locals call it – tennis ball game (?????) Dan and I were teamed up against Pete and Nick however after many beers Nick was referred to as the Oily Gloved man, hilarious! Oily - as we were all covered with greasy mosquito repellent and Gloved - as he spent the majority of the night wearing the most filthy snooker glove he found.. It was a great night..


In the morning we had another quick boat tour including a visit to the local ceramics workshop, the kilns were huge and so basic but the art was simply beautiful...



Mekong Delta river tour

Mekong Delta river tour

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.