Existing Member?

Here we go! We're embarking on a journey through Asia from anywhere between 6 and 12 months... First stop Bangkok, Thailand...

Back to Thailand

THAILAND | Wednesday, 1 July 2009 | Views [454] | Comments [1]

Haay all..Well we are back in Thailand.. We stayed in Malaysia for about another 4 days.. We went to alot of cool shopping centres and ventured quite abit. Didnt make it Melaka, but will head there when we are back in Malaysia next month. We had a really cool last few days.. Had the best feed at Nandos haha we couldnt stop talking about it.. We went and watched a movie called Drag Me To Hell.. Its soo funny watching movies with Malaysian people.. They full scream and shit.. Its crazy!! We met up with my brothers girlfriend Crystal for a little bit too and she brought me napoleon make up woohoo! We also went to this placed called Batu Caves. It has the biggest golden Hindu Statue. We also had to walk up 272 stairs to get to the top and into these caves. It was a pretty cool experience all up but the stairs were a freakin mission.. Dale stormed right through but i think i took about 10 pit stops haha..

So we booked a flight back to Bangkok for the 23/6 and then from Bangkok on 25/6 to Krabi. The flight to Bangkok was pretty easy.. the hardest part was getting up at 5am to catch the 825am flight.. We made it on time only to find that the flight was delayed by an hour.. hate that!! We had McDs for bfast and chilled until the flight.. Air Asia was sweet once again and very easy..despite all of the swine flu cases!! We got into Bangkok at 11am or so and got a taxi to Silom.. The taxi man seemed nice enough but sure enough he tried to (and did actuallly) rip us off. Its a shame but it seems that Thai ppl are always out to get your money no matter how nice they seem. Mum (Dales) sorted us sweet accom. in Silom.. We had a nice bed, fridge, tv and air con..and a clean nice bathroom with no cockroaches. It even had a bathtub (first one we've seen all trip).

It was soo cool to see Irene (Dales Mum). We spent the whole day wondering jewellery stores and meeting people Irene did business with. It was really cool. She took us to an amazing dinner. She spoiled us and we took full advatage haha. Dale was very pleased to have mummy there. She really helped us out. Dale even got an early bday pressy ($$$) haha sweeeeeet!!! The next day we had to sort out the India business so we had to go to NZ and India Embassies to get documents certified... This was a mission and quite expensive (It is soo hard to deal with Indian people).. We managed to get it all submitted but had to pick up the doco the next day.. Irene flew out that night so was a bit sad. She sorted all of our accom as well as more 'spending' money - we all had a foot massage before she left which was pretty cool. We didnt really want to go out after she left cause we were quite bummed so we just ordered room service - was a pretty damn good feed!

We got a taxi the next morning to go pick up Dales docos..cost 150 bht only to find that we could only pick it up after 3:30..we were really pissed off at them cause the obviously had the papers with them but were too lazy to get off their useless asses. We then paid just as much to get back to the hotel. We grabbed some food and packed our bags then back to the embassy place. We were really pushed for time as we had to be at the airport by 4:30 latest for our 5pm flight. We got to the embassy place right on 3:30 and went back to the useless reception people and the told us to go to the next window which was closed 10 seconds ago.. Just as we were walking to it, it opened and the other Indian people that were waiting literally ran to it..haha lucky we stood our ground and were 2nd in line. Finally got the documents and back into our cab to head to the airport. Moral of this story - It's daaam hard to find a good worthy receptionist - Avaya should know haha!! We told the cabbie to turn the meter off while we were in the embassy and he said ok he will switch it off but sure enough we get back into the cab and he still had the meter running...goes back to what Dale was saying..They are all out to get your money!We kind of yelled at him but he just laughed.. It ended up costing about 500 baht plus tolls so close to 600 but that was ok considering it was via the embassy. The flight to Krabi was easy again.. We got a bus from the airport to Krabi Town and stayed in Chan cha lay.. was a nice clean place for 200bht but had a shared bathroom. We stayed for 2 nights then sussed out Ao Nang.. We hired a bike and went to Ao Nang to check it out and found a really cool place called Nangeed for 400bht for fan, h/w, tv and fridge. We went to Tesco to try and watch transformers but it was only in Thai :( Ao Nang was really cool and laid back.. We had the best Indian food after 4 Long Island ice teas...5 actually... and a few beers!! It was expensive (60aud inc alcohol hahahaha) but we did get 2 naans, butter chkn, aloo mutter, half a tandoori chkn and rice!!!! We did an amazing tour of Hong Islands the next day for 1800bht which was basically 1/2 price. This was such an amazing experience. We just got onto this boat for about an hour and they stopped in the middle of the ocean and just let us jump off and snorkel.. It was just amazing..the fish were crazii..Dale and i just ventured through and we saw heaps of Nemos and even a really big dady Nemo..We then headed to a really remote island - The water was crystal clear and there were loads of tropical fish.. I even saw a shark!! it was about a metre long so not dangerous. Dale and I even swam to our own island.. Soo cool.. The people on our trip were heaps cool aswell.. On the way home they pulled up in the middle of the ocean again to let us snorkel except they didnt realise there was a very strong current.. So once we jumped in we all got pulled away. Dale was the only one that made it to the rocks ok haha.. The boat people were very sorry!

We stayed in Ao Nang for about 6 nights just bumming round and chilling out and trying out new restraunts. We left there on 3/7 to go to Koh Lanta which is south of Krabi. It cost 230bht each which was cheap.. Places in Ao Nang were trying to charge us 520bht so sweet deal... We jumped in a taxi at 10am which was suppose to take us to Koh Lanta but 2 min into the trip the back wheel snapped off!! It was a rusty piece of shite so no surprise I guess.. We waited for 10 min and another nicer van took us to Krabi town..to another damn travel agency. The lady there was a bitch. She tried to force us into booking accomodation (which we already had for 500 a night) and also a return ticket. We declinded numerous times.. she was a piece of work. Unfortunately a nice German couple that were with us got forced into booking accom for 1600baht even tho they already had a place booked. She was so nasty! We will find the places name and put it up at some stage. We also met a really cool UK couple.. They are soo funny and seem to be exactly like Dale and I - they even fight in the same way haha!We will catch up with them on Phi Phi..                                    

Anyway we are in Koh Lanta now in this place called Kantiang Bay View Resort.. its really nice and has a sweet restaurant. Its right on the beach to.. Its raining today so we are just chilling out catching up on things.. We really loved Krabi - probably one of the best places we've been to yet. It had really good feel to it and we just had an awesome time.. The people were really cool and it was just what we needed! We're off to Ko Phi Phi next, prob in a week or so but we only have 18 days left on our visa so time is running out in Thailand!!

Hope you are all well.. all the best!

PS. Raihan sell the dam car you little shit!

PPS. Dale has shaved his head!!!!!!! Pics will be up soon - PROMISE!!

 

Comments

1

nice to see you writing in paragraphs now! hahah
will call u very soon, just read ur latest email! love and miss u loads
XXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

  mel Jul 19, 2009 10:19 PM

About dalesem


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.