Existing Member?

Local encounters

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 22 July 2010 | Views [326] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

NAMASTE! Greetings to all!Mumbai is a city filled with enthusiasm,hopes and never say die attitude.When it comes to the transport system of Mumbai the local trains can never be neglected.Nothing could ever compare to the warmth,the anguish or the curiosity which you will see on your fellow passengers while traveling in Mumbai local trains. Here even if you are stranger  numerous hands will come forward to help you reach your destination.So when it came to making a documentary film on the theme" local encounters", nothing other than the MUMBAI LOCALS inspired me for my subject.

To get the cream out of anything it is always essential to have a thorough knowledge about it.So the first important thing to do was to explore the stations and life of Mumbai locals to the fullest. I use to travel daily for nearly 9-10 days from mornings till evenings in the Mumbai locals.After thoroughly examining my subject I got a clear picture of what is to  be shot and how.

To shoot the Mumbai locals was very challenging.Especially holding a camera in a crowd filled compartment with people pushing and crushing you in their haste was a nightmare.But still each and every expereince while shooting the film is valuable to me.

While making this film I got to discover my hidden talents which were buried deep inside me.I am now looking forward to pursue documentary film making as my career.As a documentary maker I would love to explore the unseen part of our planet Earth which is yet to be explored.Thank God! We are human beings because we have a gift,a priceless gift to see and show the enormous things with the help of  documentary making.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

Comments

1

commendable

  unknown Jul 24, 2010 5:44 PM

About curtzyventure


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.