Existing Member?

Nippon Between the Light

Japan and since

JAPAN | Monday, 7 September 2015 | Views [333] | Scholarship Entry

I suppose the true answer to this question lies in my passion for filmmaking. It has been a pursuit of mine for many years, and one which I have attempted to cultivate by working in the film industry behind the scenes whenever possible. Despite my efforts however, I have come to the honest realisation that no amount of supporting work will ever equate to the necessity to make my own films, to see from start to finish my own ideas without so much as an excuse as to why I have not yet made something great, something I am truly proud of. This being the case, and in conjunction with my love for travel, I have found myself documenting everything and seeing it through the eyes of an editor as well as a storyteller. As such I really feel like my ability has improved and my passion is now a lot more focussed than it has ever been, having the most significant effect on what I now find to be truly empowering and immersive film work.

Ultimately I feel I am the right candidate for this opportunity as I have the passion, the experience and the drive to make the most of it and create something really worthwhile from the experience. I am also in dire need of a mentor to guide my film style properly, and I feel this may be the best chance I'll have to do so. I'm a hard worker, I care genuinely for film, and I have no intention of letting myself or mr Rapsey down. And, if nothing else, I hope my film attached here at least inspires some confidence of that, beyond what words can tell.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About curiousgeorge


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.