Existing Member?

yogyakarta city of culture

cultural city

INDONESIA | Thursday, 1 May 2014 | Views [146] | Scholarship Entry

yogyakarta is a city in indonesia, a city in near central java.my story begin when im become a university student in this city. now im already life in this city for a 8 month. this city full of a cultural place. my first experience in yogyakarta is alun-alun kidul, alun-alun is a field with many indonesia vehicle"odong-odong"decorated with light and lamp surrounded the field at night. This place full of tourist from indonesia and outer country, Place full of sparkling light in every angle,Full of hospitality from the seller of yogyakarta traditional drink we used called "wedang ronde" and indonesian traditional food "sate", kids everywhere play with slingshot hooked with lamp, laughter and traditional song everywhere, i middle of the crowd of people there is an two sacred tree in the middle of all crowd, people told if someone can walk passing through the two trees anything they want will become true, only special people can pass through those tree. activity like this is become the traditional activity in yogyakarta even throught with a little touch of modern touch. the moment of this place, place with sparkle light in every corner, unforgotabble place for me. as student of enviromental enginerring i join a consrvation organitation, on the first event we go to baros beach, is far from the cities of yogyakarta, in there we planted mangroves, to get to the beach we must walk throught the rice field,walk throught swamp, and finallnya a lapsed door with big wall in each side of the lapsed door after walk throught the door we see a very beautiful sea i think its peace of heaven very blue sky, and very beautiful sound of wave, and place that uncreachable for a tourist deep in the village, very clean and very peacefull. then we planting the mangroves. we plant the seed of mangroves to protect the beach from the wave of sea,to protect the peacefull beach from the wave of the sea. after we plant the seed, we play to the nearest island, a island with a big field of sand, just like a dessert in the middle of the sea, with a big cliff on the other side. after we play in the beach we finally go back to the village, a very friendly village with population at least a hundred people. this place is very beautiful, this place marks a very beautifull memory, memory of the beach that struggling from the waves.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About culturalcityyogyakarta


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.