Existing Member?

Charlie & Rosie's Gap Year

Bangkok

THAILAND | Wednesday, 16 March 2011 | Views [642] | Comments [2]

Bangkok

Arrived in a thunderstorm so the water levels were up to your waist!  after taking the bus from the airport for 150 bhatt, i stood lost and berrated by various tuk tuk drivers- until some nice canadiene (because they were from quebec) people helpled me out- it must be somthing in the blood that makes us akin to each other. In the end i got lost searching for the hostel that i booked into, so i'm in a fairly nice place with a 20% discount from the bus (everything is linked out here with some sort of deal or another). Rosie is into Imperial so she will be out on thursday! Which is good news because i think i lack common sense without her. Bangkok is quite different from england..

After settling i had some pad thai on the street outside with a really nice austrian woman who told me various tales of travelling- she's been on a "gap year" for 15 years. I've figured out now i'm staying in the wrong place, its not really that hot (so the air conditioning was a waste) and that the place that malaria hangs out is our next destination. (hopefully rosie will bring the malaria pills!). It's 28 degrees.

(for rosie)- the bus is straight outside the terminal on the bottom floor- its air conditioned and really nice. And good value so that matters. I'm staying at the Sawasdee Smile Inn. Maybe google maps it before you leave. I'm sure if you get there- if i do move- the other hostel is right next door.

It feels like the begining of something great. Everyone out here is willing to give a hand, and i can not wait for things to finally get into motion. I'm already getting used to it.

....apart from the cockroaches. excuse my french, but FUCK that.

Charlie 

Comments

1

Glad you're there safe and sound! So glad you have this blog. Really nice to see what's going on. Keep us posted. Love and miss you. xxx

  Mum Mar 16, 2011 5:46 AM

2

There are loads of hostels with that name. Which road are you on?

  Rosie Mar 16, 2011 7:11 AM

About cscarlettsmith

nice profile pic

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.