Existing Member?

children of the world I shall save the world someday; if i ever get to settle down, I shall adopt a child from each of the continents, and name them accordingly.

Be the change you want to see in the world

KENYA | Thursday, 13 March 2008 | Views [454] | Comments [1]

Mahatma Gandhi said that; his words, like his life style inspires me and many others in this world.

I was watching this documentary on the BBC and a sentence caught me quite by surprise… ‘apporx 3000 children die every day….’ many of the reasons being simple things like lack of food, shelter, disease, lastly being neglect.

Assuming that we are the most intelligent species on the planet; we surely need to get our act together when it comes to taking care of our own kind. Elephant calf’s that are orphaned by their real parents get adopted by their aunts and sisters and even grandmothers. Similarly, if just one family adopts a child, every day, from today, then arithmetically, in 3000 days, there would be no child dying of avoidable circumstances.

So I pledge today; that if I ever get to settle down, I shall adopt a child from each of the continents, and name them accordingly, I already have names for them:
Greenland - Geena
North America - Namera
South America - Samera
Australia - Ausria
South Asia - Sita
East Asia - Esasia
North Europe - Nora
West Europe - Wendy
East Europe - Euro
Africa - Africa

I believe that your own children are your own, but that of others are children of God. I shall teach them the path of enlightenment, the ways to deviate from illusion and most of all, to love God. There is a saying in Gujarati, “A person, who lives for himself might attain this world, but a person who lives for others attains God.”
I can’t wait for that day when I will wake up in the morning and say to myself, ‘I've got to take care of my world today’.

Have a great day; and “Be the change you want to see in the world!”

Tags: save the world

Comments

1

I'm listening!
Thank you for writing!

  Tiffany Mar 13, 2008 1:48 PM

About crudebliss


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Kenya

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.