Existing Member?

Pizza, Piazzas & Planes! My adventures in Italy, London, and Ireland with my beautiful best friend!

Ciao Bella!

ITALY | Saturday, 24 January 2015 | Views [339]

Well folks, we are at the airport. It is time to leave Rome! NOOO!!!!

 

Yesterday we got up, went to Alex’s for our last breakfast, and then it was time to take our test! It was 2 essay questions (with 5 parts each) and 5 short answer questions. I think it went well. It was very time consuming! I am glad we had our notes!

 

After the test I did some researching for London, then a group of us went to the market. I finally got my purse! Yay! Then we went out for lunch with like 12 people. I had a good plate of pasta and was so full afterwards! It was a goof & fun meal!

 

In the afternoon Natalie, Grace, Eric, and I all wandered around. We went into some churches, bought some more gifts, got some gelato, and walked down by the river. Then it was time to meet our class for our group dinner!

 

The dinner was pretty bad, food wise, but company wise it was fantastic! The girls surprised me by having the waiter put a candle in my tiramisu and the class all snag me happy birthday! I was so excited and surprised!

After dinner, and some sad goodbyes, a bunch of us went to Campo de Fiori and popped a bottle of champagne. We passed it around as we stood next to the fountain. It was like a movie! Then we went to Trastevere for a bit to celebrate some more. It was a great birthday-eve! We may or may not have danced around to Taylor Swift’s “22” all night!

 

This morning we woke up at 4:00 to head to the airport. Everything was packed, not fitting super well but we have it all! Our car service was right on time, we got to the airport early, and breezed through baggage, security, passport check, etc. We have been using the airport Wi-Fi to email, post photos, blog, etc.

 

We should be boarding our plane soon! It will be a short flight, then a big day in London! We will head to our hostel, and who knows after that! We will take time to do some scheduling and researching and then we will be off and exploring London! It is going to be a blast!

 

What a way to spend a birthday!

 

Tags: birthday celebrations, leaving rome, london, sad goodbyes

About crobbins


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.