Existing Member?

Pizza, Piazzas & Planes! My adventures in Italy, London, and Ireland with my beautiful best friend!

The last Monday in Rome!

ITALY | Monday, 19 January 2015 | Views [310] | Comments [2]

The last Monday in Rome! How crazy is that!

 

We got up this morning, headed to school, and met our friends at our café. It was so good to see Olivia! We had to fill each other in on our weekend adventures. She really enjoyed Venice, so that was good to hear!

 

Then, as we were walking to class, our professor was smoking on the terrace of the school. He wasn’t going to be here today so we were really confused. Then we got into class and he starts with “I know some of you are disappointed that I am here today”. He then proceeded to say that it had come to his attention that some of us did not feel comfortable and have been concerned with the class. He offered a nice apology and a genuine explanation. It didn’t fix everything but it was a nice gesture. Then he turned on a video we were to watch and left. Then we had free time to work on our papers. I printed mine! That means it is done! The only bummer is that the printer is old and leaves ink lines on the papers. Oh well. At least everyone else’s will have that too.

 

Nat, Olivia, and I grabbed lunch, and then took the bus to the Coliseum for our tour! We met Lavinia at 2:00. She is so sweet! We had a beautiful tour of the Coliseum and the Roman Forum. We had a beautiful day for it too! It was so interesting to know how old these ancient buildings are and to hear all about their history.

 

After the tour we went back to school, met our other friends, and went to find some gelato! On the way the cobblestones got the best of us. I rolled my ankle pretty bad and Grace actually took a tumble. We are both okay, just a tad sore. These roads are so treacherous! You have to watch every step you take!

 

After gelato we stopped for an early dinner. Pasta and pizza just aren’t sounding good anymore. So I had a spinach and pear salad. It was tasty! After dinner I was super tired and not feeling so hot, so Nat and I said our goodbyes and headed home. On the way home, I decided I should buy another gift that I had in mind. When we got there I noticed that they had the sweatshirt Olivia has been looking everywhere for, in her size. So we took a chance and bought it for her! We even got a deal! Then we wanted to run to school to text her about it, so she wouldn’t buy another one tonight. As we were walking, she and the rest of our friends just happened to be walking by! So we ran after them and gave it to her. She screamed she was so happy! It was hilarious! Such a God moment!

 

Then, it was officially time to go home. Once we got back, we chatted with our mama, played with the doggie, and started to organize our things, finish up some class stuff, and I finally posted the photos I was trying to post last night. Bedtime soon. Paper due and our last day of lecture tomorrow. It will be a full afternoon of adventuring and hanging out with our friends before we head to cooking class! I can’t believe how the time flies! 

Tags: cobblestone, coliseum, papers, roman forum, sweatshirts

Comments

1

Sounds like a full day for you also. We do make the most of each day, don't we. I hope your ankle is better today. That is to bad. I hope you found some nice gifts and I am glad you got your ring. You still need to look for a new purse and a snow golbe. Do they even make those in Rome?

Enjoy your cooking class and your lst week. time flies by fast but your memories will last a lifetime.

Sending love and well wishes, to you ny sweet. Love Ya, Your Mama

  Mary Jo Jan 20, 2015 10:26 PM

2

Hi Christine - we have been reading all of your journals with great interest. What a trip. So proud of you, that you would even make such a trip, but also, be able to handle the little obstacles that you have described. Will look forward to hearing details and hopefully seeing pictures from you in person in the near future. I think Grammy said you return on your birthday. Am sure you will not want to leave but will be happy to get home and out of your suitcase. Have a Happy Birthday. Love You. Gramps & Grammy

  Grandpa Dave Jan 21, 2015 9:42 AM

About crobbins


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.