Existing Member?

Pizza, Piazzas & Planes! My adventures in Italy, London, and Ireland with my beautiful best friend!

48 Hours and Counting!

ITALY | Saturday, 27 December 2014 | Views [267] | Comments [1]

December 27, 2014

 

Well folks, here we are, 2 days before the gran voyage of a lifetime! 

I cannot believe that this trip is finally here! After months of planning, researching, and daydreaming, Natalie and I are finally off to Europe together!

As we have done that planning, researching, and daydreaming, it has never felt real. But now, as I type this with my stuffed backpack next to me, and my floor strewn with carry on items, this trip cannot get here soon enough! 

Within this time of packing and researching trains, buses, and sites to see, I have had moments of pure excitement and utter terror. These cities are going to be incredible. I have dreamt of Italy, London, and Ireland since I was a little girl. I know that these places are going to blow my mind, the food is going to be out of this world, and the people will be some of the most beautiful (inside and out) that I have ever met. However, the planner in me is saying 'What if we don't catch that train? What stop do we get off at? What if they don't speak English? What if it rains everyday?" etc. etc. etc. It's a war inside my brain! Yet, I know that even with all the nerves and worries, this trip is going to be life changing. Even more so if I let it. 

A good goal I want to set for this trip is to keep an open mind and just 'go with the flow'. I feel like that will be very important in order for me to be able to take in everything and really immerse myself in the culture, rather than checking my watch, map, and train schedule every 5 seconds. 

I am so blessed to be going on this trip with Natalie. She really is the best friend that everyone says you meet in college and will last forever. We finish each other’s sentences, can tell how the other is feeling with 1 glance, and have had some of my most memorable and cherished adventures, together. I am so lucky to have her as my best friend, roommate, classmate, and traveling buddy. We will have an incredible time together! I am certain that this trip will bring us even closer together. And honestly, we have already grown so much closer just in the planning stages of this trip. I am so thankful for that.

She will arrive at my house tomorrow night, then off to the airport on Monday morning. The flights and layovers are not going to be the most enjoyable, simply because of the longevity. Please pray for safety, no turbulence, no motion sickness, and for peace. We are both feeling a little anxious and some butterflies today. We will arrive in Venice at 11:55 am on Tuesday (12/30), exactly 24 hours later (roughly 5:00 am Minnesota time = no sleep for me).

Our week will begin in Venice, move to Cinque Terre, to Pisa, and then to Rome. It is going to fly by (literally though because we will be on many a train next week).

I hope to keep you all posted every day or bso. Thank you, in advance for your kind words, advice, prayers, and love. They are all greatly appreciated!

Until wifi, ciao bellas J

Tags: best friends, excitement, nerves, no sleep, packing, trip of a lifetime

Comments

1

I'm reading your blog for the first time while I'm waiting for my Pizza Hut meal to be ready. I bet your pizza will be a world of difference from mine! Enjoy your time! Love you sweetie! Dad;-)

  Scott Dec 30, 2014 11:58 AM

About crobbins


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.