Existing Member?

Doing what you love

Living around the sun

SPAIN | Wednesday, 2 September 2015 | Views [3029] | Scholarship Entry

Traveling and films have always been my biggest passions. This is why wherever I go, I take my camera with me. I love to capture the places I visit and create my own version of them with my footage. Becoming a professional documentary filmmaker who could do this for a living would be a dream come true.


I studied Media, Communication and Development at the London School of Economics. After that, I have been living in Berlin for two years working for an advertising agency. I loved my job because it was extremely creative and I could develop my storytelling skills. However, something was missing. I wanted to keep creating compelling stories, but I was desperate to get out of my comfort zone, dive into new and exciting adventures, explore the unknown... I wanted to use everything I have learned in the advertising world to make documentaries that have something to say about the world we live in.

So what did I do? I quit my job and won a Fulbright scholarship to study filmmaking in Los Angeles, where I have just arrived and where I will be studying throughout the next year.

I have the enthusiasm and the energy to become a successful documentary filmmaker and the World Nomads Filmmaking Challenge would be the most incredible opportunity to kick-off this new stage of my life!

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About cristrenas


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.