Existing Member?

Loving to travel

It was just a dream...

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 12 May 2014 | Views [145] | Scholarship Entry

"I can't wait for you to come back.. i already miss you"... - That was the only thing i could hear from my mum, the day i will dissapear of her life for long 6 months. I'm getting ready for leaving my country, my friends, family and every comfort i was used to, and go on the adventure of my life, somewhere i don't know much about, and to live with people i just know names. Besides all that can go wrong and the things that are hapenning right now, the only thing i can think of, its that i finally made my dream true, after all the years begging and saving money, im on the plane to the UK. A loud voice woke me up, asking if i wanted coffee before the arrival, -"No ,thanks im fine", with anxious voice i replied telling myself evrything its fine. After a whole day flight im finally there, in the land of tea, the beatles, fancy places, and my dreams.
Grass, wet grass, cold air and a small sun fighting to stay was the first picture i had when i got out of the airport, something completely different from what im used to be in, strong sun, annoying wind and loud sea. I'm tired i must admit it, all the emotions and the trip got me a little tense and the most important part is yet to come, the meeting with the people i will stay for my whole trip. I got out of the cab, i see a corpulent woman, no more than 50, small, with intense eyes, and the world just stop for a couple of minutes, we stood together, just looking at each other, we connect like if we have met before, like old friends, and we hug, we hug so hard it hurt my body but i dont care because i needed that hug, and i could feel she needed too. -"Welcome darling"- she says, and i thought, "Let the adventure begin."

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About crazylife


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.