Existing Member?

Craig's Experience in Wales A personal documentation of my journey as an exchange student in Great Britain

LOOK AT MY AUSTRALIA PHOTOS!

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 4 April 2007 | Views [2975] | Comments [1]

About how long does it take one to get from Newcastle, Australia to Swansea, Wales? If your guess is in the 35 hour range than you're about right. This afternoon at noon I finally got back to my flat in the Student Village. I take in a deep breath as my body attempts to adjust to the time difference. Currently it is 3 a.m. here in Wales and I feel like I could call the guys to play some soccer. Perhaps this is what they call jet lag? Ahhhh who cares when you're seeing the world. You could throw me a coughing fit and a rough round of sneezes and my attitude wouldn't change one bit. After all, this is what I've dreamed about my whole life! So now allow me to let you in on how this dream is being played out. If anyone reading this has looked at my other entries, then you're fully aware that I write a lot. Descriptions...thoughts...people...confusions.... whatever pops in my head as I write is bound to make the entry. Right now, though, I must attend to some other business for my other upcoming excursion. This Friday, April 6 I will be headed to Salzburg, Austria where I will be journeying through Austria and Switzerland for two weeks. I have my RyanAir ticket, Austria/Switzerland EuroRail Pass, and I'm going to do some laundry tomorrow. I've seen the beaches and koalas - now bring on the mountains and lakes! To fit in with the local folk I am growing out my burly beard for that authentic "mountain/grizzly man" appearance. So as of this moment, instead of writing a detailed entry about my Australia travels I will enlighten you with over 600 photos. I just uploaded them tonight and they are primed and ready for viewing. To accompany this plethora of images will be an "Aussie Entry" sometime in the next couple of days. So before Friday check out this site again and read the details of my venture to Oz! God Bless everyone. May we all continue to make the most of each opportunity given... Philippians 1:3, Craig :)

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

Dearest Craig,
I am in tears right now, so happy to know that you are living out your dreams and that I can take part in them by reading about your adventures. As much as I miss you here, I am so glad that you aren't at OU. God has you right where you are supposed to be! I'm not sure how that feels, but I can tell by your entries, that you are at peace and in the presence of the Spirit. I just can't believe it's been so long since I've talked to you. I'm trying to imagine what life is like over there-away from everything that is known and expected...free to live with God without limits. That, Craig, is what I am so proud of you for. You are such a light to Him, a true warrior of the cross, and I am so excited that our Father is shaping your heart! Traveling is one of my passions, seeking out other cultures - and just reading about all of your adventures, I can't help but smile and stare in awe at the pictures and words that you have to offer! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with everyone! Keep being you Craig, you are absolutely amazing! Miss you so much, all my love, Katie :)

"The place where God calls you is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet."

  Katie Haver Apr 5, 2007 5:35 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.