Existing Member?

CourtaInIndia

Sad...

ARGENTINA | Friday, 4 April 2008 | Views [419]

Now, don´t get me wrong... I really enjoy going off the beaten track a little and experiencing things that other people don´t, but I was sad after Jeff left.  I was all by myself again and leaving everything somewhat familiar all over again and I didn´t take to it as well as I usually would.  I took a bus to Viedma and then a ferry just across the Rio Negro to Carlos de Patagones, a really pretty boring town that sounded interesting in my guidebook.  It´s advertized as a colonial town with lots of history.  Well, it seems like it has a lot of history and nothing else.  About two blocks of the town had some nice buildings and the river was pleasant and that was about it.  When I got there, it was the day of some holiday and no one was around and nothing was open, which made it seem even more desolet and terrible than it actually was.

I think I was definitely the only toursit in town and probably had been in a while because people were staring at me as I walked down the street with my giant backpack on.  It was a really good opportunity to practice spanish though as absolutely no one spoke english there and I seemed to be somewhat of a novelty because everyone wanted to know where I was from and where I was traveling to. 

The people were very nice.  That´s about it.  I stayed one night, ate some ice cream, sat by the river and read my book, wrote emails, ate some more ice cream, sat by the river and watched some kayakers, ate some bland Argentine food and then sat in the bus station until I finally left. 

 

About courta104


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.