Existing Member?

Finding my roots

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 16 June 2011 | Views [532] | Scholarship Entry

In Mexico, the african root is not very well identified neither recognized. Never the less it exist and we can feel it each time we dance or sing with certain rythms. Following african roots I decided to travel to the Costa Chica at Mexican Pacific Coast. There's the cumbias hart in Mexico

I love photography, music and travel, and I practice them whenever I can. I study visual arts at University.

The audiovisual language let me play with the real time-space-sound dimension and in this way I can find a path where my three passions: photography, music and travel can match in a common way.
The documentary genre can have a social character that makes more deep the audiovisual language; it also allows us to make a dialogue between us and them; what we are, what we see and what they are and express.
My hope as a documentary maker is to make films showing those universal things that make us human beings, no mattering the land where we grow up, the language that we learned, the color that we have, the feelings that we feel.
I know that I could realize my hope if I prepare as a professional documentary maker.
This scholarship means for me a first class approach to a professional documentary maker work. A real problem, an amazing place, a challenge to solve.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About costachica


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.