Existing Member?

The Dogg Logg

Beach Bum

CHILE | Saturday, 23 December 2006 | Views [479]

Its hard to leave the beach. I made it away from La Serena, but only to come to another cool beach town. Now Im in Valparaiso and its hard to leave here too. Ive already extended my trip an extra day. Valparaiso is a pretty city, and Vina del Mar, its siamese sister city has nice beaches. We spent most of the day in the sun yesterday. It was nice. I was planning on going to Santiago today but I have liked being here quite a bit, and I like the hostel I am staying in and the people who are staying here. Unfortunately none of them are accompanying me on to Santiago. No doubt there will be another good group there. Travelling and hosteling is funny. Yes I am travelling alone but its not like being alone. There are always other people doing ths same thing. Funny thing is most of them are european and just graduated from high school. Most are also travelling for at least six months or more. Why dont americans do that? Anyway, Chile is pretty cool. Especially when you can avoid spending a lot of money. We cook and eat communal meals here and avoid paying restaurant prices. And we travel in groups which is good too. Im not so sure what the point of this entry is but I figured an entry from Valpo was important since ive been here a couple of days now. I begin to realize how easy it would be to just spend a week or more in alsmot every city I visit. Especially ones with beaches and pretty gardens. Im a sucker for gardens, hopefully Ill get the pictures from the Japanese garden in La Serena up online soon. Christmas is really soon and people are packed in the streets shopping, buying mainly cheap plastic crap to give people they should know better but dont. I guess it doesnt matter how far you run, you cant get away from consumerism. Thank goodness for beaches and sun and wind. More from Santiago soon.

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

About coreynw


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.