Existing Member?

crissTcross

Dubai to Delhi

INDIA | Tuesday, 1 January 2008 | Views [355] | Comments [5]

January 1, 2008!

Happy New Year to everyone!

We have now arrived in Delhi, India. It is very foggy and smoggy here [which we were informed is a seasonal thing]. We were greeted with marigold necklaces and beautiful silk, embroidered shawls. As we drove through Delhi we told there are 16 million people living just in Delhi. That is more than the entire population of Arizona. We were approached by people young and old for money or food as we stopped at street lights. One thing India is known for is the constant begging and such, but it is hard to know how to respond. What I have isn’t enough to substantially help anyone, but we are to clothe and help the sick and poor. All I could do was put them in God’s hands and turn back to Ethan. May the Lord speak truth to me in this.

We passed by the embassies along the way as well. Huge buildings from Pakistan to Britain. Then India’s Presidential residence loomed before us. It was an enormous compound built during the time of British Rule in India. Near by was there Capital building which resembled Romanesque architecture in it’s circular state with columns surround it.

Then we arrived at our destination, The Imperial hotel. It was built between 1934 and 1936 by Blomfield and Lord Willingdon. It is very much like a museum and has priceless art throughout the hotel. It is British Victorian Colonial style with all the molding and elegant architecture. Stepping in our room was like stepping back in time. We were greeted the same way people were when it was built and were then seated inside while our driver checked us in.

We started our day driving through the poverty of humanity and ended our day in the comfort reserved for the royalty of India. May the Lord continue to speak truth to me and guide my steps.

Tags: Adventures

 

Comments

1

Sorry I couldn't text you back on new years eve. It's not working with my phone. Wonderful descriptions of your trip so far. The camel ride sounds thrilling. We all went for a walk/bike ride at Reed Park today and saw Alvin and the Chipmunks. The kids have the rest of the week off, but everyone else is back to work tomarrow. Have a great week! Love, Mom

  Mom Jan 2, 2008 2:59 PM

2

Thank you so much for these updates, Crystal! It sounds amazing and I will keep praying for you. I love to read about your adventures! :-)

  Jennifer Jan 3, 2008 1:16 AM

3

Love you crystal~God will let you know . . .but you are right, Ethan is the reason that you are there right now. My simple thoughts make me think of your time being homeschooled...your mom always said that we were opening files in your (all of your brains) for further info later in life....that seems to be what God is continuing to do with you with all your travels and all you are experiencing and with what you are doing and seeing....

I am praying for your safety and that God would continue to use you mightily where ever you go!

Love Aunt Mikie

  aunt mikie Jan 3, 2008 1:38 AM

4

Hi, I'm glad your having a great time. The hotel sounds amazing. It sound s like you were taken very good care of. Be save and I will keep praying for you.

Love Candi

  candi Jan 3, 2008 6:05 AM

5

We Miss you and can't believe you were here one day and in New Delli the the next day.
we love your emails, keep them coming and some pictures too.

Love Grandma and Gramps

  Bruce and Deanna Jan 5, 2008 2:12 PM

About copperscrl


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.