Existing Member?

Exploring South Florida while sharing events, recipes, cocktails, and other food/art related news.

Will Drive For Food

USA | Wednesday, 15 April 2015 | Views [200] | Scholarship Entry

My travel treasure is a road trip with a friend to visit my sister who was working in Charlotte, NC. Started off simple enough, music... check... GPS, check... gas in tank, check. Little did I know that her GPS wasn't that reliable and would end up having us take probably the longest route to get from West Palm Beach, FL to Charlotte, NC. We sang pretty much the whole way though, stopped for photos. What made the trip is actually getting to Charlotte and one of my goals was to eat at the The Pit in Raleigh, probably 2-3 hours away. We got in the car, in freezing weather, made the drive, stuffed our faces in record time, took photos with the pitmaster, the headed out with even more food... "for later".

On the way back, somehow we volunteered that my sister drive.. probably because we were too stuffed and lazy. With her poor vision, on a foggy cold day, she drove back while we made jokes about wether or not she could actually see the road and begging her not to kill us.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About cookmixmingle

Oxtail - Haiti

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.