Existing Member?

On The Move... Ramblings, Rants & Random Stories...

Passport? Emmmmmmm.....

CHILE | Saturday, 30 January 2010 | Views [377]

Well... What a start to the trip.

I realized as we entered the Port Tunnel that my passport was sitting in the scanner in G's house. Thankfully, due to some quick thinking and some fast driving {Thanks T!} we somehow managed to get back out to Blackrock and back to airport just in time to catch the flight. T'was quite the stressful start but sure we made it so all was well.


Just in Santiago at the minute.. staying in La Casa Roja, which I would highly recommend! We were fairly goosed after the 24 hour journey so we took it handy the first night. We found this savage grill restaurant, Las Vacas Gordas, where meat was about the only thing on the menu... not that I was complaining! HUGE steaks for less than 10 Euro... {Shanahan's eat your heart out, eh?!} Flavour was delicious... Probably the best steak I've ever had. But I'm being told to wait for Argentina... that's when the steaks get really serious apparently!

Went out last night with a crew from the hostel... Was great craic. Went to a local Salsa club... I'd say we were the only Gringo's for about 10 miles! Had a good laugh there... Learned a few steps, drank some Pisco... what more could you ask for in Chile, eh? After that we headed into the bar district... A good old session was had. Plenty of cheap beer was drank... It's about 2 Euro for a litre of beer, less in some places!

Having a big BBQ in the hostel tonight... Looking forward to it. More meat and more cheap beer... should be good!

Heading to Lima on Monday... Not really sure what the craic is with our volunteering because of the floods in Cuzco. Might have to move to Lima instead... which we're not too mad on. We've been told mixed stories about the place.... We'll just have to see what happens I suppose.


Anyway...I'll keep you updated on everything as we go along... 

Adios Amigos!

3 days down... 160 to go!

Tags: cheap beer, passport problems, santiago

About coogie86


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.