Existing Member?

The beginning

Volcán Barva

COSTA RICA | Monday, 12 December 2016 | Views [511]

Barva Lagoon Lookout

Barva Lagoon Lookout

I'am a lucky person that lives in Costa Rica, so before I write something about another country I would like to share some of my adventures in my own country!

This is one of the better or worst trips you can make! It depends...

I went 2 times, the first one was a saturday, a sunny day around 9am. We drive to Sacramento and leaved the car in a improvised parking, just before the unpaved street began, they charge us 1000 the hour, you can drive the car until the entrance of the national park but we wanted to walk and enjoy the view, and it was the rigth desicion, cause the place is so beautiful, and if you enjoy exercising this is perfect for you, and of course the air was so clean that i loved it!

On the way we found some dogs, and all of them were very friendly, so no problem =) the road to get to the entrace is a bit steep, so we took our t time to get there, remember to bring a sweater, sunscreen, some food and water, and of course your camera!... Finally after an hour walking we arrived to the entrance of the park fortunately on saturdays and sundays you can find people selling food and drinks, so we rest for a moment and continue our trip (the entrance to the national park is ₡1000) Once in the park the weather is going to get a little bit worst, it depends on God's will hahaha, but is nothing a sweater and maybe an umbrella can't fix, inside the park you can chosee between two paths, I advice you to take the hidden one, the one on the right, so you can see a little more nature! After 40 minutes walking you will get to the first laggon and find a sign that says "Laguna Barva, Distancia 200MTS" but the distance is not so accurate when you are so tired, cause you will feel it takes forever, but don't worry once you get there, you can go to the platform and a lookout. If you are lucky you will have an amazing view, and the reflection of the trees on the water will be so good to see, also when you go to the platform if is not raining you can go to the shore of the lagoon and take some good photos, without the structure of the platform. That was my first visit to the Barva Volcano..

Unfortunately the first and the second time I was unable to get to the second lagoon "Laguna Copey", cause the people I was with were too tired to walk more =/ .... But here is my second experience, this time we went in bus (first mistake) wich left at 6:25am from Heredia to Plano Llano, there is not another bus that arrives nearest the park's zone, so we had to walk around 2 and a half hour to arrive to the entrance, once there, it was empty, there were no people selling food or drinks 'cause it was a thursday, and we didn't know they don't do that unless is saturday or sunday =(  .So we keep walking and the weather didn't help at all, it was raining, and there were mud in some parts of the path, finally we got to the lookout and it was the most disappointing view you can get after almost 3 hours walking in a very steep road, it was a lot of fog covering everything!!!!!! at least when we get down to the platform we could see a little bit of the lagoon, after that we still had to walk our way down to take the bus at 1pm, but we got there at 1:20 and we missed it -.-!... the other bus was going to pass at 5pm, but fortunately we found a good man that made us ride to Barva town =) ....But that day I truthly felt my friends were going to kill me, 'cause it was my idea, luckily they were to tired to do it.

Tags: 2016, blog, costa rica, journal, laggon, nature, plano llano, trips, volcan barva, volcán barva

About cond


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.