Existing Member?

Surfing Colombia

Capu-Camp Making Champions

PUERTO RICO | Thursday, 6 August 2015 | Views [251] | Scholarship Entry

Hello;
I am an environmental and human rights journalist turned documentary filmmaker and am looking for the opportunity to bring my career to the next level by officially applying to your traveling scholarship.

Ever since I can remember I've always wanted to make film. I remember telling my high school best friend that one day I will win an academy award for a film that I had made that changed the life of many people. However, those dreams were put on hold because of insecurities. Still, after years of listening to "people like us don't do those type of things" I decided that I was more than good enough to pursue my dreams and haven't looked back. My debut short documentary was screened at the 2015 Rincón International Film Festival and I'm looking to continue that streak with more stories from around the world.

Winning this grant will be an opportunity of a lifetime. It would give me confidence to continue pursuing what I've dreamt of since I was a child, and to have a mentor such as Brian Rapsey would be a delight. Should I be chosen I'd ensure that my time would not be wasted and would learn as much as I can from such an accomplished filmmaker.

This opportunity would strengthen me as a traveling documentary filmmaker and further enable my ability to attain funding for proposed projects on human rights violations, environmental conservation and child soldiering around the world - it would undoubtedly be the one of the best things to happen to me as a filmmaker.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About colombiasurfchronicles


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Puerto Rico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.