Existing Member?

Colin & Tim's Travel

Planning a holiday for a Birthday

USA | Wednesday, 29 May 2013 | Views [220]

I normally love the planning that goes into a holiday, checking websites for airfare specials, and then hotels, tours and transport. Once the booking is made I get the travel insurance and then sit back and wander the net looking for things to see, places to go.  This trip has not been like that.

 

The dates were easy - I'm having a birthday away, the content of the holiday - well I wanted to go so many places but the budget didnt really allow that this time around.  So I thought - it will be cold here in Oz, so north - Europe, nah - we went to Germany last year.  The UK, nah - we are planning a trip there in 2014.  Canada - bit expensive to get there.  So in the end I settled for Hawaii, and Las Vegas.  Now I've been to both before, so I guess thats why I'm not excited about going.  Yet, I'm really looking forward to getting away - so my normal pre-holiday feelings.

 

Flights, we are travelling cattle class all the way this year - no MAS Business Class, QF Business to Hawaii was almost the say cost as we paid to Germany last year, so NO!  And worse - we are travelling with Jetstar to Honolulu from Melbourne. 

 

Plan so far - ADL-MEL-HNL, two nights in HNL to get over the flight.  Then HNL-LAS with Hawaiian Airlines, 7 nights in Las Vegas.  Somewhere in there we are going to SFO for the day.  I had wanted a day trip to visit a friend in PSP, but he will be in New Jersey, so we are doing a day trip to SFO instead. Then back to HNL with HA, for 8 days in HNL - and the most exciting thing I'm looking forward to is Ala Moana Shopping Centre.

I'll actually be in HI for my birthday, and July 4th.

Then its back home via MEL - with a stay at the Holiday Inn in Melbourne Airport.  I've been watching the JQ arrival times from HNL and for 2 weeks our flight arrived late everyday, giving us a very short connection time.  We get home to ADL Sunday 7th July at lunch time.

 

Tags: ca, ha, hi, jq, nv, qf

 

About colin5353


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.