Existing Member?

Cannonball Cole and His Traveling Camera

From One End Of The World To The Other

MEXICO | Saturday, 5 September 2015 | Views [4681] | Comments [3] | Scholarship Entry

Hi there! I am an amateur filmmaker from the United States currently living in Mexico City. I left my job in Washington, DC and moved to Mexico in order to develop my craft and live in a new part of the world. Using the name Poor Bastard Productions, I produce documentary vignettes about unique individuals I find in Mexico. Winning this scholarship would be a truly special opportunity to take my work to a new level and bring me closer to realizing my dream of becoming a professional documentary filmmaker. The chance to work with a mentor like Brian is what excites me most about this scholarship opportunity (can't beat free travel insurance either, though!).

I am ambitious and a hard worker. I constantly seek out stories and individuals with the goal of building a library of compelling video portraits on my website, http://poorbastardproductions.com. I love cameras, I love editing, and I love connecting with people in a way that allows them to share their story and personality as accurately as possible. My experience so far as a filmmaker in Mexico and the fact that I can conduct interviews in both Spanish and English have prepared me to produce excellent work with World Nomads in Colombia. Thank you for considering my submission!

-Cole

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

Comments

1

Cole,
If you moved to Mexico to make vignettes of people that you meet, I bet you were ecstatic to meet Guillerrno! He has such a cool story. Great use of the animated map to illustrate how far he has traveled. I can only image how many people he has met along the way! Great work and good luck!

  jschiappa Sep 10, 2015 9:55 AM

2

What an interesting guy! I would love to read that book, really great job capturing the story Cole.

  geemc Sep 16, 2015 8:38 PM

3

Cole, I really loved this story and you did a great job of telling it. I have much respect for Guillermo, he seems like a true adventurer. His outlook on life and travel are great motivations to get out and experience what the different cultures have to offer. "The journey has the energy of your own personality and whatever way you propose to carry it out." Not staying in any hotels during his 3 year journey is a rather impressive feat as well. Good luck and Tanks for sharing.

  Matt Sep 18, 2015 10:55 PM

About colemanlowndes


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.