Existing Member?

Meander with us

April fools

SINGAPORE | Monday, 1 April 2013 | Views [400] | Comments [1]

executive summary: all going well. Singapore for two nights and now off to China.

sue still thinks we were foolish to bring backpacks.  More on that as the trip progresses. It is a bit tricky on this trip as we are starting off in sweltering singapore and going to freezing beijing, so still need a range of clothes.

we arrived in singapore on Saturday afternoon and went straight to the post office as I may have mentioned. On the way back on board that night they confiscated my favourite penknife.  No chance of me hijacking the ship now!

another 4 course meal! We won't have to eat now for 3 weeks (though we probably will). Said goodbye to new friends.

met with brother in law Mark for lunch with his kids. Then they were heading off hunting (for Easter eggs). Mark was telling us about the cost of cars and registration which pushes a even smallish car to hk$100k! Even so, there were lots of cars and few motorbikes. Public transport is cheap. We caught the train to the airport for $2 (And I thought the backpacks proved handy;)

we went to the gardens. They were amazing. They had huge artificial trees, with a skywalk. Unfortunately we couldn't be sky walkers because of an impending thunderstorm. We did however go into the cloud and flower houses. Fantastic And well worth the visit. Everything flowering at once! I would be happy to get one plant flowering!

That was about all we  got to do in Singapore.

waiting now at changing airport for our flight.

talk soon from China

 

.....Still waiting at Singapore airport!!! Should have left 3 hours ago. Got to the end of the runway and discovered an air conditioning problem apparently.  Looks like we were the recipients of an April Fools joke. I foolishly believed them when china Eastern said that we were leaving at 10am.

 

 

Comments

1

Happy Easter, safe travels and good luck getting through the great Chinese firewall. ;-)

  Chris Apr 1, 2013 3:26 PM

About col_n_sue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.