Existing Member?

Meander with us

The first Step

HONG KONG | Saturday, 9 March 2013 | Views [260]

Nee How (That's Chinese for G'day)

We are planning our first retirement trip.  It is to the Far East - which is about as far East as you can go before being West (when you take Greenwich as your reference point).

In fact us Westerners from Down Under will be heading due North to Hong Kong on Tuesday to start our adventure.  As Confucius* said "A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." (*In fact according to my oracle (wiki) it was actually Laozi, a contemporary of Confucius who said it first, but who has ever heard of Laozi?)

My planning director has the trip all worked out, for which I am very grateful.  She sees me as the 'language consultant' but as the extent of my Chinese is "Nee How", I hope that our trip isn't very dependent on non-English communication!

The trip starts with a Cruise from Hong Kong, for which I need to take a suit!  Then we ditch the glad rags in Singapore, and drag out our backpacks to make it easier to get around China.  I think I had better go and see if I can sort out our luggage.

 

 

 

Tags: china planning

 

About col_n_sue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hong Kong

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.