Existing Member?

It Sure is a Big World For a Little Coffee Drop!

Dante's Tenth Circle

EGYPT | Thursday, 3 July 2008 | Views [471]

I'm not sure why, but for some reason, a dinner cruise along the Nile sounded like fun last night.  So I threw down my 120 pounds, put on a nice shirt, and almost immediately regretted my decision.  It seems I was the only one at my hotel who signed up, so myself, and my monosyllabic host Aywa, caught a taxi to the river and boarded a brightly lit world of evil.  I envision Hell as a sort of dinner cruise, where you're stuck at a table with someone who has already been there one thousand years and is bored stiff (Aywa), while the karaoke band enthusiactically and eternally belts out "Hotel California" and that hell-spawned Titanic theme song, all the while being electronically accompanied by...you guessed it, a Casio keyboard.  So yes, I saw a vision of hell last night, and it manifested itself on a tourist-packed, cheeky dinner cruise down the longest river in the world.

But I exaggerate.  Aywa finally warmed up after I used every conversation starter known to mankind, and watching the extremely buxom belly-dancer shake her stuff within inches of an elderly, unamused nun was definitely good for a laugh.  The food was quite good, and hallelujah, it only lasted two hours. 

About coffeedrop


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.