Existing Member?

adventures.misadventures.non-adventures.

chasing the sun starts here

PHILIPPINES | Saturday, 25 May 2013 | Views [432]

The sun chasing starts at NAIA Terminal 3 airport where my friends picked me up from an overnight trip to Kalibo for an event. The flight was delayed for about 15minutes but I didn't check in my luggage though so I was able to exit quickly. My friends were waiting for me at Bay 3 Arrivals, all raring and eager to go.

We had some 'problems' navigating out to the highway from the airport and ended up stuck in slow moving traffic at the east service road for a good hour. But once we exited on the highway, it was blue skies and sunshine all the way. Incidentally, I already updated my CityMaps app and downloaded the CALABARZON region map so yay for GPS. Gotta love that blue dot and knowing your place at any time, no? :D

gps

A quick gas up, ATM withdrawal, bathroom break and stock up on snacks at the Petron SLEX and we were on our way to our first lunch stop at San Pablo, Laguna. From the highway, we were supposed to exit at Sto Tomas, Batangas and head on east towards Laguna, cutting through several towns - all of which had 'San' so apparently, we were also San chasing - San Rafael, Santiago (it counts okay?), San Bartolome, San Miguel, San Vicente, San Pedro, San Pablo, San Felix, San Jose, San Juan, San Andres, another San Juan, San Agustin, San Benito, San Nicolas, San Rafael, San Roque, and finally San Pablo!

 

Fortunately, the first lunch stop is just by the city outskirts. We didn't need to enter the town proper, which would most likely be congested with jeepneys and trikes. We were already so hungry because it was almost past 1pm and we only had crackers and a can of tuna for snacks.

My friend called ahead to advise the restaurant that we will be going for late lunch. Sometimes you never know with restos outside the metro if they only have limited opening hours. They said they were open all throughout the day so everything's well and good. We were so hungry we could eat a cow (a dugong or possibly a whale for the other two because they're steering clear of meat).

Tags: citymap, exits, gps, highway, iphone app, missed exits, sun chasing

 

 

Travel Answers about Philippines

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.