Existing Member?

On the Other Side of the Fence

To Be Determined

INDIA | Friday, 17 October 2014 | Views [304]

 

When I was setting up this blog, it required me to come up with a name for this trip. Given that I was merely setting it up so I could pass along the URL to people, I simply titled it "TBD," which made me realize that this is exactly what this trip will be. 

 
In my initial post, I talked about "hopping" the fence, so to say, or plain and simply, going out into parts of the world I have only read about in books as well as get a taste of how other people live. Somewhat of an adventure in the spirit of cultural anthropology and natural history. But in terms of what I have been expecting, or what I have thought of doing and not doing, I really never formed many firm expectations for myself or the trip.....well, at least other than some of the basics like not dying or getting arrested. Thus I kept the title, with the minor modification of actually writing out, "To Be Determined," which I thought seemed more appropriate for a title.
 
I now sit on the last leg of my flight to Bangaluru, India. I have maybe 15 minutes till they announce our approach to the airport and ask me to stow away my iPad. I cannot help but to feel the rising excitement of being somewhere new, and continuously being somewhere  new for the next 16 weeks. For the past several days now, I have felt waves of YES flow through my body, collecting in my chest, and even choking me up a bit.....the same feeling that takes over your body when you're on the verge of joyful tears. I feel grateful for everything and everyone in my life, because my experiences thus far and the people I have built relationships thus far have all built up to this moment. Needless to say, I feel truly lucky and grateful. As for what lies ahead,   that is all to be determined. 
 

 

About cmeier


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.