Existing Member?

One million eyes through mines

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Friday, 20 April 2012 | Views [159] | Scholarship Entry

I was told that Paris is the most romantic city in the world. Couples everywhere, small tables for two all over the streets, plenty of artists trying to create a portrait and trap that moment for eternity; La Tour Eiffel sparkling on the background while you walk hand by hand with your partner through the Seine. Even the food evokes love, a cheese plate with a bottle of red wine in the streets of St Germaine, served by a French waiter who speaks the words of love. A walk through le magnifique gardens of Versailles and not to mention the boat ride with a bottle of champagne and a couple of éclairs!
Until I went back, on my own.
That’s when Paris turns to be just another pretty city, with the same gloomy weather (not mentioned in travel books!) as London, full of Parisians who seem to loath foreigners and pretend they don’t speak English. The same dirty tube stations where if you don’t press the button you just remain stuck in the train until the next station. A city which doesn’t allow you to randomly stop a taxi in the streets even if it’s pouring rain. And the food! All about bread and sweets! (The reason why you need to go to the gym all year round after visiting Paris).
Same city. Same person. Same eyes.
There’s no logic when it comes to emotions. There’s no rational when it comes to feelings. But there are many eyes within one person. There are many cities within one for the same eyes.
I can travel the world many times and I will always see it with different eyes. One million eyes through my eyes.
The good thing is, Paris is always in the same place, and I can always fall in love again.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About clementine


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.