Existing Member?

Crikey! Clay in The land of Oz This is place where I will document my adventures from the road starting with Australia. (Well most of them) So in case you thought you were going to miss out on every single detail of my adventures -here ya go!

Halloween

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 2 November 2007 | Views [426]

Well nothing will make you homesick more than a holiday that is pretty much an American exclusive (as in N America.) However, I was pleased to find out that some clubs in Sydney were going to have Ween party/events on Sat the 27th. My first stop was The Gaff where my tourmates were having dinner and an hour of free drinks. Alas I had no costume but I did sport a pretty scary Black Sabbath shirt (hey they were named after a Boris Karlof movie after all) anyway it was a great night. Thankfully not many pictures were taken :)

I was exchanging emails with my buddy Arnold in SD to get some ideas for a cheap easy and light outfit that I could put together. By now I had made my way to Byron Bay on the far East coast and needed something cheap,easy and relevant. He sent some great ideas and I settled on the Invisible Man (ace bandages were purchased and everything else I had in my bag - brilliant!!) Well it got hot pretty quick as we were partying outside and I kept dribbling my drink on the bandages but it went over well and I'm glad I didn't break my streak of costume madness.  

At the end of the night we were treated to an astounding fire dance show, far better and trippier than any I had seen in Hawaii. A great way to end the night, too bad I was invisible......:) 

Tags: Party time

About clayontheroad


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.