Existing Member?

Grombyang is The classic Food

Understanding a Culture through Food - Grombyang is The classic Food

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 18 April 2013 | Views [246] | Scholarship Entry

Grombyang is a kind of mixed rice which is a special food from communities Pemalang, Central Java on Indonesia. Food name is derived from the shape of sarving, between the substance and broth until more gravy seem to sway (in Java language: grombyang-grombyang, meaning "wobble").
Not known with certainty when this special food from the created. But according to the parents of speaking in Pemalang, special food rice grombyang been around since the 1960s. At that time grombyang rice sellers sell trade in not settled, but around the village. Seller grombyang famous rice among others H. Warso at Jl. R.E. Martadinata near the square, and H. Waridin in Sirandu near the old terminal Pemalang container.
Grombyang ingredients consist of rice, sliced buffalo meat and gravy, served in a small bowl and comes with buffalo satay. The gravy is so very nice, thick with a distinctive flavor.
Other special features of grombyang rice lies in the form of sales place. It’s like a large pan that made from soil In indonesia language names “kuali”. And than the “kuali” is covered with red cloth. The spesial view in the night with lighting from oil lamp. We enjoy a meal with a small chair sat a short (dingklik). It’s so classic moment that we alwasys missing this moment.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About classica_food


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.