Existing Member?

Summer 2009

Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 24 July 2009 | Views [423] | Comments [2]

Finally arrived in Sydney on the 20th July after Air China cancelled our flight from Beijing. Apparently there was a cyclone affecting Shanghai making it impossible to land there. Luckily, after very little customer service at the airport, we got put up in a 4 star hotel. All 3 flights of us!

First impressions of Sydney are fantastic. The weather is brilliant. Warm enough for short sleeves but great for walking about. Temperature is in the early 20s. The city has a great buzz and looks amazing from most angles. So far we've done a fair bit of walking about, Darlington Harbour to the Harbour Bridge and opera House. We also went to Palm Beach (Summer Bay) and Manly. Today we visited the Blue Mountains via the Olympic Stadium. It was a brilliant day, perfect weather and a lot of walking. We also took a ride on the steepest train in the world(for 4 minutes)!

Comments

1

hi claire,glad you are enjoying sydney,you must do the harbour bridge climb if you get a chance.just to let you know your mum looked fantastic for lynsay neils wedding.

the weather here is heavy rain today.remember slip,slap slop.i had a wee look at the youth hostel you are staying it meets with my approval.keep safe and hope to hear from you soon
lol eleanor

  eleanor davies Jul 27, 2009 3:19 AM

2

Hey hun,

Hope you enjoy Australia.....I´m sure you´ll have a great time :o) xx

  Lynne Jul 30, 2009 3:35 AM

About claroby1


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.